Thursday, December 27, 2012

Happy New Year


Happy New Year!

"Approach the New Year with resolve to find the opportunities hidden in each new day." - Michael Josephson

It is time to welcome in the New Year! 2013 is going to be a great one! I can feel it! 

Well, a little reminiscing never hurt anyone ... 2012 was full of significant happenings: completing my last semester at Penn State, graduating, moving to a new state, navigating a long-distance relationship, taking the oath of service to become a VISTA, and starting at SVHC with a new colleague/'VISTA partner-in-crime.'  I am so grateful for these events in my life and the wonderful family and friends who have been there with me through it all!

Although there are many fantastic moments I would love to revisit in 2012, I'm looking forward to the rest of my year of service in 2013! It is amazing to me almost five months have come and gone at SVHC. I am so excited to see what Nicole and I can accomplish in the coming months!  

In our VISTA Update presentation on Dec. 13th, it was incredible to review our activities since the end of August. Our Youth Ambassador Program is progressing well. We've met with our Youth Ambassadors twice! In addition, the Festival of Trees exhibit was a success! They are wonderful young ladies, and I am looking forward to working with them until June!

The Photovoice project will be undergoing some changes in the next coming months and we are excited to see those unfold! These project teams are progressing as well: the first preview exhibit for one group was at The Brown Cow Cafe and the first blog has been unveiled. 

Our large project on the docket now is the I Have a Dream Community Service Day! The community has generously supported this event and we have engaged over twelve community organizations and local businesses in varying capacities.

January will be a busy month. I am looking forward to each day to come - I'm searching out those hidden opportunities. I will leave you a poem that speaks to the New Year. Happy New Year to all of you! May peace be yours throughout the coming year! Stay safe! Thank you for your support & thank you for reading!


For last year's words belong to last year's language
And next year's words await another voice
And to make an end is to make a beginning.
- T.S. Eliot







For more information about the Alliance for Community Transformations:
http://www.facebook.com/actsvhc

For more information about Southwestern Vermont Health Care:

For more information about AmeriCorps VISTA:

No comments:

Post a Comment